The WFDF COVID-19 Working Group worked with the LOC to ensure that national and local governmental and health agency advice and criteria for the event were met in full.
WFDF had a social responsibility to each and every participant, to ensure they were able to attend the event and play so that world champions could be crowned in each
division and to get them all back home safe and healthy.
Players & participants were responsible for taking necessary health and safety precautions to minimize the spread of the virus by following these recommendations:
- Avoided transmission of COVID-19 by reducing physical contact to an absolute minimum.
- Practiced cleanliness, handwashing, and sanitizing in busy areas.
- Considered wearing a mask in indoor areas like buses, hotel lobbies, bathrooms, etc.
- Players were encouraged to keep their distance off the field and to avoid high fives.
- Spirit Circles were to be conducted with a distance of at least 2 metres between players.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of active COVID-19 must have self isolated immediately and got tested.
- Anyone with a positive test result must have self isolated immediately and not returned to the venue until they were officially cleared with a negative test result.
- Anyone living with a person who was displaying symptoms or had been diagnosed with a positive test must have self tested for the next 3 days. Living with is regarded as a close contact and encompasses sharing a hotel or dorm room, or sharing a full house if booked at an AirBnB or private home.
WFDF monitored a register for all people who either presented symptoms, had a positive test or were living as a close contact with a positive case. Anyone in this category must have immediately informed WFDF via the online COVID-19 Status Form link: